Monday 23 November 2009

Home Enterprise Day

Well, it's Monday morning and I'm back in my shack! However, I'm quite excited today...

Last Friday, Guy and I attended Enterprise Nation's 'Home Enterprise Day' in London. What a fantastic day! It was entertaining, informative and gave us the chance to meet some great people.

We never got the chance to say a proper "thank you" to Emma Jones, the founder of Enterprise Nation. So, just in case she reads this: "thank you, Emma!"

We got the opportunity to speak to some fascinating and highly motivated people, too. Work Shacks was introduced to John Randall of JV Bouncy Castle Hire; Samantha Salisbury of Jonsam Events (www.jonsamevents.co.uk), who organises corporate events and weddings, and Kate Bacon of Pier to Peer (kate@katebacon.com) who deals in virtual assistants (fascinating concept!).

We heard from several speakers and, most memorably, from former TV Dragon, Doug Richard. Both funny and informative, the one thing he impressed upon us two was that you don't need money to push forward a home-venture.

So, I'm really fired-up and ready to go! My next blog is going to be unashamedly self-promotional. I'm going to get us as close to the google top as possible, so I'm afraid it might not make for very entertaining reading!

I'm off to my shack's 'kitchen corner' now for toast and coffee! Will check in again soon.

Thank you for staying with me while I ramble...

Jane
x

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jane

Lovely to meet both you and Guy at the conference on Friday.

You have a great concept, I only wish I could persuade the management committee of my flats to let me put up a Work Shack in the communal gardens!

I hope you are so overwhelmed with orders that you need to work with a Virtual PA (or VA) to keep you organised.

Take care

Kate x

PS: I just became your 1st FaceBook fan.