Wednesday 14 July 2010

Where has the sunshine gone???

Well, was that it? Surely summer hasn't passed us by already?!

I can't believe I've spent the last couple of days in my garden office listening to the rain on the roof and the water running down the windows! Fortunately, I was dry and happy!

I would like to mention the interesting evening I had in Market Harborough on Monday. I had been invited to the book launch of The Ideal Marketing Company's Alastair Campbell. I have spent a lot of time with Alastair and have never failed to be motivated by his ideas - I can only hope I carry them out to their full potential (but I have a niggling feeling I may not quite always do so!)

With Guy currently working in London, I am Bunty-No-Mates, so was delighted to see three members of the Harborough Area Homeworking Alliance there - Wendy and Steve Bowkett and Karen Waugh. The room was packed and everyone seemed to thoroughly enjoy Alastair's short seminar which was very informative and gave a brief idea of the topics covered in his book (which I'm looking forward to reading).

The evening also gave me the opportunity to have a chat with a few people and I was thrilled to be able to meet up with an old school friend who I hadn't seen for years (apart from quickly spotting him at a Parents' Evening!). It was Martyn Dimblebee of Advanced Building Chemicals of Market Harborough (sales@advanced-b.c.co.uk) with whom I had spent many a happy hour as a kid! It appears he now deals in adhesives (which could be very useful to a business like ours that deals with wooden structures). I shall keep his card for future reference and drop him an e-mail very soon!

It was also a pleasure to meet another couple of friendly chaps - Paul Bishop of Fractal Telecom Services (paul@fractaltelecom.co.uk/) was a real giggle to chat with and, having checked out his website, sounds as if he could do us all a good telecommunications deal!

Also, it was a pleasure to talk to Ian Guyler of Pedigree Filbert Business Consultants (ianguyler@pedigreefilbert.co.uk). An interesting man who clearly knows a lot about business!

So, all in all a great evening - thank you, Alastair!

Don't forget, news of HAHA presentations can be found by clicking on the 'HAHA' link on this website. A schedule for the August meeting will be posted in the next week or so.

Well, I think it's time for a cuppa. Not far to go, as I brought the kettle and milk up with me (how lazy is that?!). Then it's the school run and the end of the working day for me! So, back to the house at that point (oh no - the mess! That's why I love working in my Shack!).

Bye for now, all!

Jane.

No comments: